Welcome to the 22nd habit in the #GiveMe30HabitProject!!
See this post for all the details and backstory!
This month’s habit is to listen to worship music daily!
Worship and a negative mindset cannot coexist. Just in case you’ve been struggling lately like me and could use the reminder right about now, worship is a weapon!
Struggling with body image? Anxious thoughts that won’t quiet down? In a bad mood? Have a bad attitude? Feeling discouraged? Whatever negative state of mind you find yourself in, you can use worship as a way to work yourself out of it! It’s scientifically proven that you can’t be grateful and have a negative emotional state at the same time. Worship is a similar kind of process to gratitude. It’s praise and focus on the One who has control over everything. It takes you outside of yourself and even has power in the spiritual realm as a weapon for battle (Acts 16:25-26). So the next time you have a negative thought or mood, turn on worship music—even if you don’t feel like it—and praise your way to a positive mindset!
My favorite way to enjoy worship music is the Elevation Worship station on Pandora. I’m loving their song Graves Into Gardens at the moment! Your local Christian radio station is also an excellent option!
OK, so now that you have an idea of what the habit looks in practice and the benefits of practicing it, it’s your turn! You don’t have to do every single one of these, but these are some ideas for you to implement.
For the next 30 days:
- Every day for the next 30 days, find a way to include worship music daily.
- Practical Tips: Come up with a way to remind yourself so that you don’t forget the new habit!
- Note how you feel mentally after doing the challenge (i.e. more peaceful, less stressed, more encouraged, etc.).
- Practical tips: Call these feelings to mind whenever you don’t feel like following through on your habit.
- Ask a friend or your spouse to join you in this habit.
- Practical tips: Check in with one another and share your ideas and struggles so that you can help each other stay excited about the habit.
- Come up a game plan for specifics on how you will implement the habit.
- Practical tips: I recommend doing the same routine daily so you get the hang of it, but this is up to you completely to decide. You may have various ways you want to include worship and do more than one daily or different ones different days.
- As the month goes on, see if you notice a difference in your mindset and gratitude.
- Practical tips: Come up with ways to make sure you continue to practice this habit moving forward past the 30 days!
🚨 Don’t forget to share this project with others! You can share the link to this blog post as a status/post on Facebook. Feel free to save and use the image from this post, or use the ones I’ll have on my Instagram page. Whatever other means you have to get more involvement will make this project more fruitful! Tweet, email, pin on Pinterest, etc.
Also, I encourage you to keep track of your journey and use the hashtag #GiveMe30HabitProject on social media. Please tag me in your habit progress and insights! I’ll also be glad to troubleshoot sticking points. I’m Kaci M Byrd Cheeseman on Facebook and @CheeseGirlPA on Instagram.
If you want to check in daily for accountability, you can post either a photo and/or status and use #GiveMe30HabitProject #Day1, #GiveMe30HabitProject #Day2, so on and so forth. I’d love to see how it goes and repost—only if you give me permission, of course! I’ll be searching the hashtag to see who is joining in.
1/ Do you listen to worship music daily?
2/ What is your favorite song at the moment?
Remember: What is it you want to achieve? Who do you want to become? How do you want to serve others? You may not know how to get there, or even how to get started. I just ask that you trust me and help spread the message to others so they can become involved. Keep showing up, and together we will get you there, one 30 day habit at a time!
Are you ready? Let’s get growing!!
P.S. If you are interested in working on a specific habit and need someone to help you troubleshoot, keep you motivated, and hold you accountable, I offer coaching a variety of ways, which you can learn more about here.
My specialty is habit change and my approach is to work on mindset alongside the habit, so that it is healthy and sustainable, and this is best done via 1:1 Coaching which you can learn about here. Whether it involves your health, finances, nutrition, exercise, relationships, or personal growth, habits are the key to success. We are the outcome of what we repeatedly do. Without addressing that, there can be no change. Learn more here!
If you are interested in getting a custom set of macros, you can find out more here. If you want something more in-depth which will help you learn nutrition strategies like #DessertEveryDay and how to eat in a way you love and still get results, you can get 1:1 coaching via my Meal Mastery Mentorship. You can head to this link to find out more.
If you just want to stick your toe in the water and see what it’s like, then my Meal Mastery Nutrition Audit has a 100% money-back satisfaction guarantee! So no excuses!!! Find out about it at this link.
P.P.S. I will be increasing my 1:1 coaching prices after I have my new #Moderation365 certification. Current clients will be grandfathered in at their current rate as long as they don’t lapse, but for those who are wanting to enroll as a new client, I would do so now if you are on the fence!