- Question: What is one part fruit smoothie and one part protein shake?
- Answer: The recipe for a #BOSS (aka big ‘ole smoothie shake).
🍫🍒For the Chocolate Covered Cherry #BOSS blend:
- 8 oz milk (I used almond-coconut)
- 70g (about 1/2 cup) frozen dark sweet cherries
- handful of spinach
- 1/2-1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I used 2/3 scoop of Equip Foods build (previously PureWOD) —> $10 off using this link. It’s a beef protein isolate with no artificial ingredients. The taste is freaking amazing, and it also happens to be Paleo)
- 1 scoop cococardio (can omit if you don’t have it, or sub with cocoa powder if desired)
- 1/2 tsp matcha powder (can also omit if you don’t have it, but it adds an excellent clean energy boost)
- about 4 oz ice
Macros (approx with my ingredients): 190 kcal, 18.5g protein, 4.5g fat, 20g carbs (almost 9g fiber!).
This makes for great pre-workout or post-workout fuel. I also have them mid afternoon sometimes!
Beef protein may be on the #StrangeButGood side of things for some people. I posted more on it and the brand I’ve tried and love here. I’ve preordered their new vanilla flavor, and can’t wait to try it!
2/27/18 Update: Just as pleased with the vanilla as I am the chocolate 🙂
Have you ever tried beef protein?
4 Comments Add yours
Those sounds so good. I love chocolate with cherries and with CocoCardio… I can’t believe I’ve never combined them all!
I’m hooked on this combo! If my memory serves me right, I’m pretty sure that I was first introduced to CocoCardio via one of your recipe posts… So I have you to thank!! 😉
Really?! I’m honored. 🙂