- Question: What is one part fruit smoothie and one part protein shake?
- Answer: The recipe for a #BOSS (aka big ‘ole smoothie shake).
🍫🍒For the Chocolate Covered Cherry #BOSS blend:
- 8 oz milk (I used almond-coconut)
- 70g (about 1/2 cup) frozen dark sweet cherries
- handful of spinach
- 1/2-1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I used 2/3 scoop of pureWOD build —> $10 off using this link. It’s a beef protein isolate with no artificial ingredients. The taste is freaking amazing, and it also happens to be Paleo)
- 1 scoop cococardio (can omit if you don’t have it, or sub with cocoa powder if desired)
- 1/2 tsp matcha powder (can also omit if you don’t have it, but it adds an excellent clean energy boost)
- about 4 oz ice
This makes for great pre-workout or post-workout fuel. I also have them mid afternoon sometimes!
Beef protein may be on the #StrangeButGood side of things for some people. I posted more on it and the brand I’ve tried and love here. I’ve preordered their new vanilla flavor, and can’t wait to try it!
Have you ever tried beef protein?