Welcome to the 20th habit in the #GiveMe30HabitProject!!
See this post for all the details and backstory!
This month’s habit is to “feed” the positive!
Amidst a global pandemic, surfacing awareness of deep issues of social injustices, and the harsh reality of human oppression, the negative media is rampant. It’s hard not to experience some negativity running off on us, regardless of how we approach things, because it’s inherent within facing these things. We have to face them, otherwise change would not be possible.
In an effort to combat the negative mental space this process creates, I’m challenging you to be intentional about sharing something positive daily for the next 30 days in your social media interactions. Whether it’s Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or whatever social media account you choose, share at least one encouraging or positive post. It can be an idea of your own or a re-share. The goal is to combat some of what we can’t control by intentionally developing a better feed with what we can control.
OK, so now that you have an idea of what the habit looks in practice and the benefits of practicing it, it’s your turn! You don’t have to do every single one of these, but these are some ideas for you to implement.
For the next 30 days:
- Every day for the next 30 days, share something encouraging on at least one of your social media channels.
- Practical Tips: Find a method that you feel like would work well for you, whether it’s reposting someone else’s positive post or writing your own.
- Note how you feel afterword.
- Practical tips: Think about what sharing that might do to benefit and encourage others, etc.
- Ask a friend or your partner spouse to join you in this habit.
- Practical tips: Check in with one another and share your struggles so that you can help each other troubleshoot ways to overcome them.
- Make a mental note of how the rest of your day goes after you have looked for positive things in your feed.
- Practical tips: Call these benefits to mind whenever you don’t feel like following through on your habit.
- As the month goes on, see if you can identify ways in which sharing positive things impacts the responses of others following you.
- Practical tips: Be intentional to have uplifting conversations when people comment, like, or share so that the ripple effects carry further!
🚨 Don’t forget to share this project with others! You can share the link to this blog post as a status/post on Facebook. Feel free to save and use the image from this post, or use the ones I’ll have on my Instagram page. Whatever other means you have to get more involvement will make this project more fruitful! Tweet, email, pin on Pinterest, etc.
Also, I encourage you to keep track of your journey and use the hashtag #GiveMe30HabitProject on social media. Please tag me in your habit progress and insights! I’ll also be glad to troubleshoot sticking points. I’m Kaci M Byrd Cheeseman on Facebook and @CheeseGirlPA on Instagram.
If you want to check in daily for accountability, you can post either a photo and/or status and use #GiveMe30HabitProject #Day1, #GiveMe30HabitProject #Day2, so on and so forth. I’d love to see how it goes and repost—only if you give me permission, of course! I’ll be searching the hashtag to see who is joining in.
Remember: What is it you want to achieve? Who do you want to become? How do you want to serve others? You may not know how to get there, or even how to get started. I just ask that you trust me and help spread the message to others so they can become involved. Keep showing up, and together we will get you there, one 30 day habit at a time!
Are you ready? Let’s get growing!!
1/ What is your favorite form social media?
2/ Have you noticed more negativity lately?
P.S. If you are interested in working on a specific habit and need someone to help you troubleshoot, keep you motivated, and hold you accountable, I offer coaching a variety of ways, which you can learn more about here.
My specialty is habit change and my approach is to work on mindset alongside the habit, so that it is healthy and sustainable, and this is best done via 1:1 Coaching which you can learn about here. Whether it involves your health, finances, nutrition, exercise, relationships, or personal growth, habits are the key to success. We are the outcome of what we repeatedly do. Without addressing that, there can be no change. Learn more here!