Who doesn’t love PIZZA?!!
My lunches for the last week were so good, I had to share! I is no secret that I love Dashing Dish recipes! I made the Pizza Chicken Salad for my lunches at work, and it was amazing! Plus, so much healthier than pizza! If you are looking for another healthier pizza option, check out my Deconstructed Subway Salad Pizzas!!
🚨 Update 06/27/21: I’ve made this recipe a lot and tweaked it with time. Still follow the same method below for step-by-step preparation, but do not overlook the following changes for the most incredible version of the salad!
- My favorite combination of veggies for this recipe is roasted broccoli, yellow squash, zucchini, mushrooms, onions, and roasted spaghetti squash (cook the squash, then roast the noodles on a sheet pan; trust me, the “caramelized” flavor of roasting them is 💯!)
- Premade veggie kabobs are a great easy button way to get the right amount of veggies without having to spend time washing and chopping.
- I also like to add diced tomatoes now.
- I typically now cook my own chicken/meat now. Butterball makes a fantastic kit with chicken breast and an herb seasoning mix that works well for this recipe. I find it at Walmart (see photo below). You basically just coat your chicken in the mix and bake it. You can also swap chicken sausage for your protein source. See the photo below for my favorite macro friendly sausage.
- When you’re prepping your salad to eat, toss everything in your seasoning of choice. I prefer Cavender’s Greek seasoning. Do not skip this! Even if you use another seasoning, it gives it an amped-up pizza like profile.
- My favorite salad base to use for this now is butter lettuce. I still just buy the pre-cut and washed bags to save time.
- Also, if I use cheese on top, it’s typically the Parmesan Romano that comes in a sprinkle jar.
Katie’s recipe called for tomatoes, which I left off. I think it would be good, and usually put tomatoes on my salads, but seeing as how I go through a pint every night as part of my current dinner on repeat, so I was making an effort at variety!
How I used this recipe for meal prep:
- The recipe is single serving, so I purchased/made 4x the ingredients needed since I was planning for 4 lunches.
- I roasted my veggies and then divided them up between four Tupperware containers (see below) along with a serving of prepared pesto chicken (I used pre-made pesto chicken from Mellow Mushroom by ordering 4 carry out cups), turkey pepperonis, and Parmesan.
- I subbed the marinara sauce in Katie’s recipe for pesto tomato paste I happened to find at Walmart. Since I used pesto chicken, I thought it would be fantastic and it was! I put it in a container then added water to thin it when I was ready to eat it.
- I bought a bag of romaine and baby greens for each day.
- When it was time to eat: I dumped the salad greens and pepperoni in a bowl and used a pizza cutter to chop them (I use an OXO Salad Chopper and Bowl at home but I keep a 99 cent pizza cutter and bowl at work for my chopped salads). I warmed the toppings (chicken and veggies, not the pepperoni) in the microwave for 1 minute. Then I added them into the bowl with the salad and choped again!
- Finally, I added my “dressing,” tossed everything and dug in! 😋
Note: Nutritional value as shown in my photo varies from here as I added some extras.
1/ What is your favorite pizza flavor? (As a kid I LOVED taco pizza)
2/ Pineapple: pizza sin or pizza win? (I love it on BBQ chicken pizza or ham and pineapple)
3/ Thin crust, thick crust, stuffed crust, or deep dish? (for me, depends on the flavor, but no stuffed crust)
4/ Pizza Hut, Papa Johns, Dominoes, Hungry Howie’s, Little Caesar’s, CiCi’s Pizza, Mellow Mushroom, or other? (Mellow Mushroom)
I hope you are having a wonderful SaturYAY!