This combo was SO good! If you liked Fruit Loops as a kid, you have got to try this. If you didn’t, I’m not sure that you can be trusted! 😂
I posted this recipe on Instagram, but wanted to make sure I shared it here too, as it was awesome. For those of you new to the #BOSS (aka Big ‘Ole Smoothie Shake), it is basically the love child of a protein shake and a fruit smoothie. Healthy carbs, full of protein, and in this case, tastes just like the childhood cereal. Unlike a bowl of Fruit Loops, the Fruit Loops #BOSS actually offers the nutritional value of a balanced meal!
For the Fruit Loops #BOSS, blend the following:
- 5 oz fruit cereal Muscle Egg
- 1 Devotion Nutrition fruity hoops cereal flex flavor
- 2/3 scoop (20 grams) Equip Foods (formerly pureWOD) vanilla beef protein (or protein of choice)
- 5 oz frozen dark sweet cherries
- 1/2 tsp DoMatcha green tea powder (optional, but I almost always add it to my smoothies/shakes for a clean source of energy)
- ice and almond-coconut milk (or milk of choice) to desired thickness
1/ What was your favorite childhood cereal?
2/ Have you ever tried flex flavors or muscle egg flavored egg whites? If so, what is your favorite way to use them?