I am convinced that peanut butter and sweet potatoes were meant for each other! My hubby on the other hand… not so much. When I announced this, he gave me a look that I often get from others in reference to the foods I eat (#strangebutgood).
Even if you don’t agree with me on the PB and sweet potatoes, you have to admit that peanut butter and jelly are soul mates.
This recipe brings the two ideas together!
(I promised to post this recipe a while back. I am finally getting around to it!)
PB & J Sweet Potatoes (adapted from this recipe)
- 1 sweet potato, cooked, cooled, and peeled(about 120 grams)
- 1/8 cup milk
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 oz sugar free maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract(or, vanilla butter and nut extract butter and nut extract! *my favorite*)
- sweetener, to taste(may not need it, depending on the potatoes) I used 1/8 cup Splenda granular
- 48 grams/8 TBSP PB2
- 2 TBSP sugar free strawberry preserves
1/ Mix the first 6 ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
2/ Add the PB 2 and continue mixing until well incorporated.
3/ Divide into 2 servings, and top each with a TBSP of preserves.
Great for an in-between meals boost!
Macros Per Serving (recipe yields 2 servings):
- Calories: 172
- Fat: 3.2 g
- Carbs: 32.7(fiber: 6g, net sugars: 11.4g)
- Protein: 11.5 g
Check out the rest of the party at:
Thanks to our hostess, Laura!