The same authority of Jesus resides within us—there’s power and authority within our words. Speaking words of encouragement, life, and truth over ourselves and over our situations has a greater impact than we understand (more on that here). Declarations of this kind not only have power and authority to change things in the natural and the spiritual realms, but they also make transformation and renewing of our minds possible (Ephesians 4:22-24). Said another way, our words can change the world we see around us, the unseen things of the spiritual Kingdom, and us! We can replace old thought patterns—and the emotions that come attached to them—with new mindsets. Declarations also assist in the process of uprooting lies of the enemy and replacing them with truth.
One of the most powerful ways to implement this practice is to create a list of daily declarations specifically tailored to areas where you struggle or need the power of God’s authority on your life (more on that here). Use this list to speak out loud over yourself and your life daily. Start with verses from the Bible that correlate to the area you identify as needing to be addressed and create your own personalized declarations based on that scripture. You can use keyword searches to find scripture that includes certain words or topics. You can also find a great list to start with on Life Church’s website (see below) or the ones I have compiled for myself below. As you begin to collect your own list of declarations, make sure to use a format that works for you (note on your phone, written list, word document, etc.), and add to it as needed. As you use this weapon, it might not feel like much is happening at first, but remember that rewiring old thought patterns takes time. If the same thoughts have been running in circles in your head, there are strong grooves which make it easy for those to be your default thoughts and emotions. Eventually you will see the efforts of your declarations start to pay off as new thought patterns develop and strengthen. When they do, the old ones will fade.
Note: the above is an excerpt from my book The Savior’s Heart which is available for purchase now if you head here! If you own a copy of the book and are here for the resources mentioned in it, thank you so much for supporting me and I’d love for you to comment on what has spoken to you so far!
Daily Declarations For Women (via Life Church):
- I am the daughter of the King of all kings.
- Because of Jesus, I lack nothing.
- God has given me everything I need to do what He’s called me to do.
- I speak encouraging, life-giving words and build others up.
- The joy of the Lord is my strength. (Nehemiah 8:10)
- I will not compare myself to other women. God made us all beautifully unique.
- I will hold myself to God’s standards and measure myself with grace.
- I will love and laugh rather than fight and complain.
- I refuse to waste my life on meaningless things.
- I will act justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with my God. (Micah 6:8)
- Through Christ I am strong, gentle, fierce, and compassionate.
- I will fight the good fight for what matters most. (2 Timothy 4:7)
A list of all the declarations from Life Church (for men, women, and general) can be found here.
“I am not alone, because You are with me. I’m not weak, because Your strength is infused in me. I am not empty, because I’m drinking daily from Your fullness. You are my dwelling place.” From Lysa TerKeurhust
“I am Your masterpiece! I am Your song in the night and Your balm to a brokenhearted world. I am Your trophy of grace and Your anthem of peace. May Jesus meet me and minister to me—right where I live—that I begin to shine like never before. May Your peace so mark my life that others sense Your loving care when they’re around me. May You strategically position me in the world so that those around me develop a thirst for the things of You God. May Jesus speak volumes through my life.” From Susie Larson
“I will live with boldness, courage, and conviction. I will love freely, give generously, and pray passionately. I will entrust my whole soul and story to You because I belong to You.” From Susie Larson
10 Scrolls (From The Greatest Salesman On Earth, Og Mandino):
- Today I begin a new life.
- I will greet this day with love in my heart.
- I will persist until I succeed.
- I am God’s greatest miracle.
- I will live this day as if it is my last.
- Today I will be master of my emotions.
- I will laugh at the world.
- Today I will multiply my value 100 fold.
- I will act now.
- I will pray for guidance.
1/ Do you have any declarations you speak daily?
2/ What are your favorite from this list?