I’m just going to go ahead and preface that you shouldn’t judge this recipe based on photos, because… well… meatloaf… It just isn’t photogenic! I promise it was delicious though!! Plus, it was super easy. Perfect recipe for a busy week night meal or for meal prep, which is what I made it for.
I know not everyone is a meatloaf fan, but you could also make these into meatballs, or even burgers! It turned out so moist (because of the veggies) that it doesn’t need ketchup, but of course I understand if you can’t do meatloaf without it!
- 1 lb lean ground beef (you could also use chicken or turkey)
- 2 bags of Green Giant riced cauliflower and sweet potatoes
- 4 egg whites
- 1 TBSP Greek Seasoning (I use this one)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Steam the riced veggies according to package directions. Allow to cool slightly.
- Mix all ingredients well in a mixing bowl.
- Divide into 5 glass baking containers sprayed with cooking spray (I used these) and bake for 25 minutes. Serve as is, or with ketchup if you are one of those people! 😉
- You could also bake as one large meatloaf in a loaf pan.
- If you divide into several patties for burgers, I would make them stove-top or oven. I don’t think they will hold up on a grill.
- If you make into meatballs, you could bake on a sheet lined with foil, or cook on the stove-top.
- For any of the variations above, just adjust time and cook until the center is done.
For this recipe I used:
1/ Are you a meatloaf fan?
2/ Do you prefer meatloaf with the ketchup topping or without?