While the Leprechaun might be after a pot of gold, I’m more concerned with achieving buns of steel.
Butt…errr but, lets not forget that the entire posterior chain needs to be trained as part of a well-rounded program.
Why? Well, in addition to assisting with the movements that are key in developing great glutes, a strong posterior chain is an important part of overall athleticism and injury prevention.
With that being said, I put together a little Irish-themed workout in honor of St. Patrick’s Day that will hit your entire backside… Lucky you! 😉
Disclaimer: Please remember not to start an exercise program without getting
a thumbs up from your medical provider! Listen to your body and be safe!
Lunge pass through
- Perform a 5-10 minute warmup followed by light stretching.
- Choose a weight that is challenging to you (moderate-heavy), but not max.
- Perform each movement back-to-back in RBT style circuits.
- Perform 10 reps of each movement.
- Repeat the circuit for a total of 5 rounds.
- Click the exercise for a link to a demo on how to perform them properly.
If you try it, let me know what you think!
Do you do anything special for St. Patrick’s Day?
Do you make a habit of training the posterior chain?